Pirates of the Undead Sea: Rise of the Ribcage is a point and click adventure by Pahu Pahu. Follow the game walkthrough if you are stuck or just want to finish it faster.
Captain Black Sam has sailed the seven seas. He lived a life of pillaging and plundering. And yet he will face his greatest adventure when he is dead.
Dressing the Part
- Well, you need your boots to start.
- Talk to Fluffy The Undead Salt-Water Pirahna.
- Select the conversation option "So Your Boot is My Chewing Gum?" You now have your left boot.
- Pick up the conch on the ground.
- Open your inventory and use the conch on the hermit crab. You now have your right boot.
- Go right to "The Great Deep" and watch the cutscene. At the end you'll show up at the "A New Pespective" locale.
The Right Hat
- Go up to the "Ship Ahoy" locale.
- Talk to Fry Boater. It seems you'll need a hat if you want to lead your crew...or something that looks like one.
- While you're here, pick up the cannonball, the treasure map, and the old bell.
- Go left to "A New Pespective."
- There's a number of possibilities for your hat, and they're quite funny to try out. To solve the puzzle, though, head right to the "Shell Sweet Shell" locale.
- Once there, pick up the Beefribs of the carcass Fluffy has eaten.
- Return to "Ship Ahoy," and Fry Boyter will be reasonably convinced and give you your real hat.
Talking to Finny
- Head left to "A New Perspective," then left again to "Tentacle Gorge."
- Well, now we know where that squid ended up. There's nothing we can do about that, though, so head left again to "Imprisioned Beauty."
- Note the jail window. Talking to it won't do you much good, so move on to the left to "Dead Whale."
- Talk to the whale about Finny the Mermaid.
- Now that you know her name, maybe she'll talk to you. Go back to "Imprisoned Beauty" and talk to the jail window.
- Finny will mention a diary page, but she doesn't trust pirates. First of all, you sound too drunk.
- Of course, since your a pirate, you only sound drunk when you're sober. Open the inventory and use the bottle of rum.
- Talk to Finny again.
- Now Finny won't want to talk to you because you smell of rum. Clearly she doesn't mind the scent of fish, though.
- Go back to "Shell Sweet Shell" and talk to Fluffy. Choose "Oh, No! It's not like that!" and you guys will hug it out.
- Now smelling fishy, return to "Imprisoned Beauty" and talk to Finny again.
How I Sank the Ribcage
- Huh...now she wants you to honestly tell her about what happened to you and your crew. Well, you don't rightly know, so walk back to "Ship Ahoy" then to the right to "Fellowship of the Rum."
- Talk to McGonagall, the hanging ship's poet. Ask him for a poem, one about you and your ship.
- Listen to it, and you'll have a pretty good idea as to what happened.
- Also, while you're here, pick up that wanted poster on the wall.
- Return to "Imprisoned Beauty" and talk to Finny.
- Tell her "It was an accident", "We were celebrating on board", and "I drank a bit too much and tried to parallel park my ship. I failed."
- Satisfied with the explanation, she'll hand over the diary page.
- Open your inventory and look at it. Hmm...maybe the wizard isn't so evil after all.
Talking to Gunner
- Go to "Dead Whale."
- Talk to the whale and ask "Do you speak the language of Whales?" He'll teach you a little whelish.
- Return to your crew at "Fellowship of the Rum."
- Talk to Gunner, the cigar smoking dude on the left. If you talk to him in whelish (BOOOIIIIIAAAAUUUU), he'll give you his cigar.
- Now go to "Tentacle Gorge." Use the cigar on the tentacles.
- Try to ring the doorbell. Oops! Well, at least you've got a nice rope out of it.
- Enter "The Kraken's Cave."
The Other Diary Pages
- Use the diary page on the Evil Kraken.
- Hmm...it seems he needs a little more convincing.
- Exit the cave and go to "Dead Whale."
- Use the rope on the harpoon.
- Success! Pick up your coat to look a little swankier, and go to "Imprisoned Beauty."
- Once there, pick up the paper. Another diary page!
- Head over to "Fellowship of the Rum" and talk to the Quartermaster. It seems that he won't let you get at your treasure until he's convinced there's another horde somewhere else.
- Go to "A New Perspective." Use the cannon ball on the clam to get that large pearl.
- Return to "Fellowship of the Rum" and use the pearl on the Quartermaster.
- Search the treasure chest to find a piece of paper.
- Search it again to pick up a piece of jewelry.
- Go to the "Kraken's Cave."
- Use one of the diary pages on the Kraken, then use the other one. See? It seems the Kraken ain't so bad after all.
- If you talk to him, you'll find he'd be more than happy to release Finny, but he's lost the key.
- Pick up the electric eel.
- Open your inventory and use the electric eel on the pufferfish to get the key.
- Use the key on the dark jail and Finny is free!
- You find yourself at "Dead Whale."
- Talking to Finny reveals she wasn't too thrilled about being captured and rescued. She needs to be reminded why she hunted the Kracken in the first place.
- Use the treasure map on her, and she'll join your crew.
- Head to "Ship Ahoy."
Rise of the Ribcage
- You're all set to sail, but your ship's a wreck.
- Talk to Finny. Looks like you'll need to help her whale out in order to set out.
- Time for the weirdest puzzle in the game. Head to the "Kraken's Cave."
- Use the electric eel on the flesh-eating bacteria.
- Now you have flesh-spewing bacteria?! Just roll with it.
- Pick it up and head over to "Dead Whale."
- Use the strange bacteria on the whale and he's all better!
- Go to "Ship Ahoy", Talk to Finny and enjoy the ending!
More Pirate games:
Tortuga 3, Pirate Ship Escape and Adventure Pirates 1